"A quality education is vital to the future success of our children and our communities as a whole."
1) Allow teachers to do what they are trained to do - teach! The teacher interacts with the students daily and knows their individual needs better than anyone in Lansing or Washington D.C. Constant preparation for high stakes standardized testing profits big corporations at the expense of sound educational practice.
2) Return control of the public education system back to the local level which better understands the unique needs of the district, and is far more accountable to the families in the district in both performance and budgeting.
3) Put an immediate end to Common Core and any other 'one size fits all' curriculum.
4) Promote education choice for families.
5) Restore vocational programs in our schools, exposing our children to a wide range of career paths.